Nova Ray® ROV Applications
The Nova Ray family of Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) redefine the classes of ROV use and application. Traditional classes create limitations that Nova Ray, with its far superior performance and configuration flexibility break apart. Whether it is observation, inspection, hazardous, or even security missions, the Nova Ray performs these in ways that allow for far more sensor stability, extreme maneuverability, with more varied “Swiss Army Knife” flexibility than any other ROV / UUV on the market.
Want to learn more? Get a quote!
or Call Us: +1 833 NovaRay / 833-668-2729
Or come see the Nova Ray first-hand for a live demonstration at sea from the Tampa Bay Area, Florida!
Primary Nova Ray ROV Applications Include:
- Risk Reduction Inspection
- Marine Research
- Infrastructure Maintenance
- Cable & Pipeline Inspection
- Bottom Anchor Damage Review & Analysis
- Waterway Emergency Response & Recovery Operations
- Port / Marina Security
- Vessel Inspection at Port or at Sea
- Property Recovery
- First Responder Use
- Military & Special Operator Uses
- Still Water
- Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Shore & Estuaries
- Near Shore
- Off Shore / Open Ocean
- Deep Ocean – to 4,000 Meters
- Flooded Underground / Caves
- Waterlines / Tunnels / Sewers
Additional Nova Ray Applications:
- Risk Mitigation
- Aquaculture Off-Shore
- Biological Monitoring & Management
- Broadcast 4K HD Video
- Submarine Cable Inspection
- Diver Support
- Educational / Academic / Research
- Environmental Protection & Monitoring
- Fisheries Monitoring & Management
- Deep Water Benthic Surveying
- Geo-Hazard & Seabed Features
- Infrastructure (Dams, Bridges, Ports)
- Law Enforcement (Scene Inspection)
- Homeland Security Chemical Biological Nuclear Detection
- Hydroelectric Inspection
- Offshore / Ocean Floor
- Oil & Gas Pipeline
- Military (Observation / Intelligence / Weaponization)
- Nuclear Monitoring
- Port Security
- Vessel Inspection & Surveillance
- Salvage & Recovery – Maritime & Inland Waters
- Science & Research (Oceanography, Archaeology, Geology)
- Search & Rescue (Rapid Location, Recovery, Rescue)
- Tourism / Fishing Applications
- Water Management (Oceans, Fresh Water)
- Future Applications
Each application depends on a range of sensors and configurations that only Nova Ray can meet:
- Nova Ray options include thruster packages from 1/4 HP to 2 HP (or more) per thruster to overcome the needed currents in free flying mode, as well as being able to be fully controlled and extremely maneuverable while under tow at high speed.
- Camera options can provide for standard front-facing still & video, to dual photogrametry cameras, to fixed 360°, or even pan & tilt cameras independent of ROV flight angle.
- Sensors can include standard sonar (front & sidescan), to underwater LIDAR, ultrasound materials testing or precision measurement, to chemical – biological – radiological testing. With new senors being deployed rapidly, this expands the Nova Ray mission capabilities constantly.
- Nova Rays are also field adaptable and upgradeable, meaning that you can quickly convert from one mission configuration to another without the need to purchase another ROV.