The Highest Performance ROV In The World!
Proprietary Nova Ray ROV Technology
Coral Partners, LLC’s management has a 25-year successful track record of inventing patenting and promoting marine technology. Their showcase technology is the Nova Ray submersible remotely operated vehicle (ROV). The innovative shape and patented design of the Nova Ray ROV and its intellectual property is disruptive and revolutionary. The Nova Ray ROV is the result of 10+ years of research and development and over US$3,000,000 in R&D. It solves such nagging industry problems as response time, ease of use, and most uniquely, the ability to “control tow” or operate and maneuver in strong currents. Its portability, reliability and innovative design offer the promise for deep market share penetration and an almost unlimited ranges of applications.
Proprietary “Arcuate” Wing Technology
In addition to its US and foreign patents, the Nova Ray ROV is set apart from all of its competitors by the Arcuate Wing and modular design.
The Arcuate Wing design eliminates the phenomenon known as “Dutch Roll Instability,” a problem experienced by flat wing designs. Anyone who has flown an old fashioned kite and watched it roll side-to-side has experienced this phenomenon. The Nova Ray ROV inventors eliminated the “Dutch Roll” effect by incorporating what is known as the “Arcuate” form wing with a rudder & stabilizer for extra control. The result is true axis flight and stability in significant currents. The typical industry standard ROVs have attempted to overpower ocean currents, while simultaneously ignoring the impact of the cable-times-velocity of current on the performance of an ROV or Underwater Towed Vehicle (UTV). The Nova Ray successfully addresses these performance issues. The arcuate-shaped wings of the Nova Ray ROV counteract the lifting force of the umbilical (tether or cable). Therefore, the speed of the boat (or other vessel) or current has little effect on the operational stability of the Nova Ray. The Arcuate Wings increase cable use efficiency and reduce the amount of cable necessary to operate or control-tow at depth.
The Nova Ray’s unique hydrodynamic features effectively use water flow rather than resistance to maintain operational control under changing operating modes. Under thruster power, the wings operate just as a high-winged airplane would in free flight. Under “controlled” tow, the arcuate wing, combined with the seamless shift in the center of rotation from the cable pull, produces a stable configuration through the water column.
NOVA RAY® ROV
- Tethered, self-propelled vehicle with direct real-time control.
DEPTH: Up to 6,000 m
- Time: Indefinite, depending on reliability and operator endurance
- Range: Limited in distance from host ship by tether.
PAYLOAD: 4 to 200 kg; adaptable to tools and sensors
- Ship: Depends on ROV size and mission requirements
- Handling Systems: Depends on ROV size
- Navigation Systems: Relative to surface/seafloor
STRENGTHS: Real-time feedback to operator, long endurance capability, low- cost per operating hour.
* Ability to pinpoint exact location of data acquired via live GPS.
305 & 550 Meter Models
- The right model for the depth you need
- Single or Dual Hull dry-compartment configurations available
- Nova Ray ROVs are field tested for operations 305 and 550 meters
- Because of its Patented “Arcuate Wing” design the Nova Ray® ROV performs more efficiently in ocean and river currents than any other competitor
- The Nova Ray ROV is the only ROV that can be control-towed!
- Vast array of sensor options for almost any application
Nova Ray 305 Meter Model
Nova Ray 550 Meter Model
Nova Ray® Deep Diver™ 1,500 & 4,000 Meter Models
- Field tested and rated to depth/range from 1500 or 4000 meter capabilities
- Larger ROVs for deeper missions and more sensor attachment capability
- Deployed and operated from surface vessel or Top Hat
- Real-time delivery of data through umbilical
- Data acquired by video cameras, single and multi-beam sonar, salinity sensors, current flow meters, biological and chemical sensors or any of the dozens of Nova Ray operable sensors
- Includes obstacle avoidance sonar and tracking system transponders
The inventors of the Nova Ray ROV will introduce the new AeroSub™ AUUV Autonomous Aerial Submersible Drone, an autonomous submersible ROV/drone designed to transition from air to underwater and back to air. Currently, almost all of the aerial drones in the marketplace are either helicopter, quadcopter, or fixed wing style, which are not hydrodynamic. The few quadcopters which claim to be submersible are still limited to operation in swimming pools and/or connected to a tether due to their design limitations. None of them are capable of accomplishing any meaningful work.
The new Nova Ray AeroSub is designed to be a fully functional ROV that can travel to and from the work location by air. It will be fully capabile of airborne stability, then landing on real ocean water conditions, then submerge and perform real inspection and data gathering.
Unlike the typical toy quadcopters now being sold as hybrid marine drones, the AeroSub provides real maneuverability underwater using the proprietary HydroSail control surface technology innovated by Coral Partners. This allows for maximum control immediately after entering the water, as well as stable rapid take off to easily transition from the water domain to the air.
Performance features of the Nova Ray AeroSub™ Autonomous Aerial Submersible Drone are:
- Aerial range up to two kilometers.
- Depth range up to 30 meters / 98 feet – suitable for most near-short inspection.
- Power, charge time, and range from base station are designed for maximum usability.
- Independent power systems for aerial vs submerged operations.
- RF real-time control of submerged AeroSub or autonomous operation.
Nova Ray AeroSub Autonomous Aerial Submersible Drone Applications and Services
The Nova Ray AeroSub Autonomous Aerial Submersible Drone is the first portable, deployable submersible ROV capable of flying and performing the following:
- Underwater/aerial photography and video.
- Fully equipable with sonar (side scan or front scan)
- Adaptable to other mission critical instrumentation – magnetometer, metal detection, radiological/radiation, chemical,
- Inspection of ships’ hulls without haul out and dry dock expenses.
- Inspection of submerged assets i.e. pipelines, oil platforms, docks, harbors and coastlines, etc. up to a depth of 100 feet/30 meters.
- Homeland security: discreet detection of nuclear, chemical, or biological products on vessels entering port.
- Ecological and biological sensitive surveillance – reefs, marine habitats, and more.
- Shallow water inspection where typical vessels could not navigate.
- Difficult to access inland waters, rivers, and lakes.
- Search, rescue, and rapid salvage.
- Mine counter-measures
- Procurement of intelligence – movement of small vessels and enemy combatants.
- Ocean shallows inspection